Heather wanted to show her true love for my birth.. again. We popped a bottle of champagne and had mimosas - - a birthday tradition!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
I turned 21 (three times)
Okay so here it goes. A great day to put in the books! I woke up at the Riley's after a great night of relaxation. Then it was Valentines planning and creativity fun until 12:00. Heather and Kelli are back from their run and it's go time. I was told a few weeks ago that I had to block out from 12-5 on Feb. the 13th... I had NO IDEA what was up but I said okay and welp here it unfolds.
Heather wanted to show her true love for my birth.. again. We popped a bottle of champagne and had mimosas - - a birthday tradition!
She prefaced the day with an explanation of why it was my birthday again and I gotta say, my roommates are better than yours! After we all three took to much joy in our mimosas it was off to the next adventure. Again -- no idea. We ended up in a church parking lot to which I thought they were taking me to some "self help" meeting (due to the sign) but we turned around and Cornacopia! 
We went to lunch at one of our favorite places and had some fun times. Of course, I mean duh it's us. Ha! After lunch I was blind folded. Yup that's right blind folded.
The shoved me in the car, drove me around, confused the crap out of me and took me out. I was dressed with a new shirt on the side of the road -- but yes still blind folded. I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I was so nervous and I kept trying to guess where I was.. there were so many people around - it confused me. At one point some old man asked if he could hold heather's hand too (she was guiding me).. that was humorous. I'm trying my best to relay the true humor in this but I can't. Just try and imagine me - blindfolded - walking at one point with no hands to hold, just voices to follow and cars zooming by as well as rando people passing you.. haha I am still lost in laughter.
So long story short we were stopped. Heather revealed the surprise.. MAC COURT! So great. She had sniped her Mom's season tickets. Heather, Kelli and I posted up second row!
It was so fun. We were heckling the ref to the extent that he kept glaring at us and shaking his head.. he was less than impressed. Everyone in the section were friends and tootsie pops were being passed around to spread the fun. So great. Okay and.. my name was called to do the time out basketball shoot. HA! Okay I was mad I didn't win it, but it was fun. After my spit of fame and winning out entire section blooming onions it was game time again.
What a freaking game. It was neck and neck the whole time, physical yet with finesse! .3 seconds to go and we were up by one. We had the ball but it was still nerve racking. WE WON. The 10 year losing streak to Az. State was over... WE WON!
So fun. Oh wow did I mention my roommates are freaking great. What a fun day to spend with two of the people ya love the most! Post the day of roommate fun it was time for homework. I jetted back over to the Riley's. Did one last load and plopped on down by the fire. I talked to Jordyn for a bit.. doy I miss that girl .. I sat by the fire and read my little heart out. I actually got all the reading done for a class on time! Woop Woop 68 pages of Woop Woop. William stopped by to say hi and distract me from my homework and then was off again to hang with his roommates. I figured I could bliggidy blog the day before I lock up the Riley's and head back to my actual home... then it's time to surprise the boy with the morning Valentine's Day fun.
Heather wanted to show her true love for my birth.. again. We popped a bottle of champagne and had mimosas - - a birthday tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww....your friends ARE great! What a fun day! Did you know those people in the peekture? Did you get to keep the shirt? lolol Happy Valentine's Day! No chocolate for me this year...wah Sue B
Wow - that sounds like such an incredible day. Minus the nerve-wracking blind-fold part. So cool - you definitely have the best roommates!
Post a Comment