Sunday, February 7, 2010

Remember. If your going to be a bear - be a grizzly.

Oh what fun! Last night we triple dated with John and Steph and Stephie and Travis. Steph had Lisa watch the kids (thank you Lisa!) and the three couples were off. We all met up at Steph's and jumped in John's pimp rig ;) We headed to Applebees for some dinner and drinks before we caught the movie. Dinner was entertaining :) It was such fun just hanging out with those four with a different scene to be had. Normally if we all hang out it's just co-existing at the Riley house - which is more than cozy and fun but it was a good flip in the norm. I just thoroughly enjoy their company and Will and I get a kick out of all the fun stories of the "past" - never gets old! After dinner we scooted over to the movie. We watched "When in Rome".... and cute movie, I mean CUTE movie. It may become one of my favorite chick flicks.. The theater was uhh less than packed but it was nice - we got the all time prime seats and it felt like it was just the 6 of us in there. I dominated an entire back of sour patch kids (or as kelli would call them.. mean and nice kids) and I won't lie I only refrained from soda and popcorn because Will was less than excited about anything in the snack shack. Maybe if I would have been a couple people in front of us and stood with Steph I would have had an impulse to really garbage gut the night with candy, popcorn, and soda... Shucks! Oh the movie was cute, I feel as if everyone thoroughly enjoyed it - even the boys.

After the movie we headed back to the Riley's house. It took about .2 seconds before the Wii fit was taken out and the games began. We started with a snowball fight game. I was Velma... and I loved it. I wasn't very good but I couldn't help but cackle every time I hit someone smack in the face with my snowball! Will I think dominated that one. For a guy who doesn't play video games he sure is oddly amazing. After snowball it was an obstacle course -- again not so great at it.. but I liked it. Then it was the chicken fly in the sky game. I'm not sure what it was called but dang it was funny to watch, let alone play.

Okay I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of video games unless it's the Wii. I have so much fun. The first time I met Steph/went to her house we played Wii. I totally remember it. It was a super nice day and I was suppose to go climbing at the columns with some friends but the "lunch date" went longer than I expected. I was having fun but was so so about this woman who wanted to make me lunch and hang out. But I think once I made the choice to go pick up the kids with her and not go back home, I realized hmm this is an oddly cozy family to me already. I'll stick around :) Funny how things pan out some times. We played Wii that day (my first time).. the best game was a balance challenge - loved it. I think I may even like the Riley family too.. ;)


It was a great night of fun and love! Thank Steph for putting it all together. I can't wait until we get to do this again :) Will and I had an amazing time and loved being able to spend the night with you four. Thank for all your love!

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

I'm so glad you finally moved on to another person, as I well, just don't look completely in control of my body movements in that video. But, hilarious!!!!!

SO GLAD you took a risk on our "odd cozy little family"......