Thursday, April 29, 2010
Biscotti Hotti
Will and I decided to take on the adventure of making biscottis! So good :) We made a ginger, molasses, toasted almond, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves sorta thing. It was super good - it took a few tries to get them crisp enough so a traditionally twice baked snack become a three times a charm baked snack. The process wasn't hard but time consuming with the chilling aspect. We baked them a few hours later and then this morning had breakfast together with our little treats. It was pretty cool to start making then yesterday afternoon, bake them late at night, and have them fresh for the morning. This morning was uber hard for Will to get up but for some reason the lack of sleep kicked my butt in gear and I popped out of bed wide awake at 6:15 with no alarm.. odd since I finally dozed off after one sometime. Well with the fun in the kitchen... I totally forgot to take pictures, I'm sure I have one of the finished product laying around but non of the biscotti hotties ;) ha! All in all another fun adventure in the kitchen, I think we should start to put together all the recipes we have tried - failures and successes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment