Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy 6 Months!

Are you kidding me - 6 months! Ya I know.. it's not  that long. But it's crazy to me the school year is over and it doesn't seem like 6 months ago Will and I were going to football games together. It's that feels like we've been dating forever but wait how has it already been 6 months sorta feeling... Anyways - Will had planned a whole day for us. He packed a lunch, prepared dinner, loaded the car, picked me up at 9:00 a.m. and we were off. I was totally in the dark about what we were going to do but I was a-ok with that (he knows how much I loved to be surprised!) We set off and by oh 5 miles in I realized we were coast bound but not my coast... Florence! I let him have his fun and we continued to chit chat and sing at the top of our lungs to some classic tunes. Though from his Mom's advice he used to sing to this song called "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" and let me tell you I was hysterical downloading this song for a surprise call out in the car :) It was such a blessing to have this day with him and the car ride was just such a great time to dive deeper into conversations and it's so fun how each day we learn new things about each other both relevant and not - always a joy.

So we were off to Kentucky Falls! He didn't tell me where we were going until I started to catch on (I had taken this hike with Steph earlier this year) He was too stoked on the fact I had already been here BUT I mean come on... I love you Steph but it was a totally different hike when you got the boy with ya.. :)
So at this point we were questioning our direction and Will had to relieve himself.. But a cool little green pond we found..
 
Hiking up the trail! :) I swear going on hikes is the best way to have the most legit/fun conversations! It was such a warm and beautiful day too: :) With no one on the trail!
Once we got to the falls we sat down for some lunch. Will had packed us a little picnic, fit with my favorite chips, yummy sandwich and my all time favorite unsweetened Lipton's iced tea (that boy knows how to make me smile!) After lunch he read a few passages from Psalms and I read some of James. They were both just passages we had on our hearts and it was so great to be basking in a warm day, hiking, sitting by a water fall, just had a great lunch, and now reading the word together :)
Crossing over the creek back from where we had lunch in our own little knoll.
So sitting at the designated looking area is not exactly our forte... this is on the other side of the trail. Where we are standing is wet and wonderfully cool.
I believe I am a lucky girl! Why yes I am :)
Using my water camera for what its worth
Will wanted me to take model shots of him... or senior pictures - not too sure.
So freaking beautiful! I couldn't get over it.
What a great hike I tell ya... what a great hike :)  On the way home we spotted a few snakes and Will was trying to remember the saying that helps you remember if it is poisonous or not... something about stay back jack and it's a mellow fellow... Once we got back to the car it was time to trek home. So last time I took this hike Steph and I ended up in Reedsport and I was not about to let that happen again. BUT I let the adventure roll and Will take hold of our direction.
and this is where we ended up! But to be fair we both decided to take the road less taken to make our way back. And even though it was a crazy adventure on back roads, logging roads and totally abandoned roads it was well worth it. At one point the power sliding around blind corners on gravel with us being up-top a mountainous saddle -- got to me but with one look of "those eyes" Will knew better. But honestly it was great I much rather have taken the road we did than the "right" one!
Realizing we are way off the path and still lov'n it.
HA! This is a sign we came across.. 10 miles after we had just passed a sign that said Florence 17 Miles (wrong turn.. I think so)
Well... were in the woods and we have an axe.. Do work BOY!
Then we came here. A little secret of exactly where... but I can tell you it was amazing.
We laid out on the dock and soaked up the sun for a bit.. recovering from our drive. Too bad the paddles were locked up -- we were tempted to take out the boat.
Will not only packed a lunch but also a dinner to BBQ. Thanks to the nice people that have a summer home on the lake and a great outdoor BBQ we had our dinner roasted and enjoyed on the water's edge. We sat on the dock and ate some food and continued our wonderful date.
After a little dinner it was sweets time and back to town!

 
Ice cream on the docks down by the piers :)
My little beach boy! I'm not too sure that it could have been windier on the beach... but we found a hut and sat behind it. A bonfire was out of the question but the sun was setting and behind the hut we were warm enough... as long as we kept out of the wind. No joke it was CRAZY!
Happy 6 months William Joseph and thanks for an amazing date day full of adventures and memories!

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Way to go Will, though I'm not so sure you will even read this as somehow her previous trip to Kentucky Falls wasn't quite registered by you from this blog! =) Seriously, I'm so happy for you both!

Leigh said...

Cutest couple ever? I think so! I am so happy for you Julius!! Will seems like such a great guy and he is very lucky to have crazy you in his life!

ryanjess said...

Looks like a fun day...good work William.