What a blessing this team has been! A few months ago I had ran into Amy at Jamba Juice and through a prior volunteering practice... we got to talking about me coming out and helping her and the rest is history. Such a great opportunity for me, seriously a blessing that Amy asked me to come help. Each week I would go out for two hours twice a and practice with these girls - due to my crazy schedule games were out of the question but I couldn't have been happier to be there for every practice possible. The girls were so amped to be there - all the time - once we had to cancel practice due to school activities and the girls asked if we could practice Monday instead so they wouldn't miss a practice. I mean come on these girls are in 3rd grade - we didn't have that commitment in high school!
This is me and Amy. :) I wish the season didn't have to end. LOVE every moment of it!
Ha.. this is me explaining keep away and telling them to pay attention or we will run.
and so we ran!
and did an ab work out. This was our iron cross competition. I told the girls to stay up as long as they could and we would see who lasted the longest. Luckily once there was only 3 of us standing.. or planking. Amy started the count down - a fast one might I add (phew!)

I love my girls! It was so fun. I got to take a few girls off to the side and do "goalie skills" and I was thrown into the mix to run a few practices. We had some of the most fun out on that field! The coaches and I ... oh as much as I love my girls - I love my coaches. I can only hope I have an opportunity like this again. Thanks team Puma!
No comments:
Post a Comment