Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday William

Happy Birthday my dear. Today is a day to realize how loved you are. How treasured you are by your family, your friends and by me. You are an amazing man of God and you are a blessing to my life on a daily basis. You are an amazing encouragement to those who surround you and the little boy that was brought into this world a few weeks ago, named William after my own boy - he is a little boy with huge shoes to fill as he has taken on your name. His parents named their baby boy after the man of God they see in you. They wanted to honor you and I know they can only hope to raise a man to reach the bar you have set. You are an amazing in so many ways. Your heart to challenge yourself and know the man you want to be not only to me but also to everyone that is close to your heart - is an indescribable encouragement.  These past 6 (almost 7) months have been a crazy ride and a ride I wouldn't want to take with anyone else but you. Through thick and thin... good and the bad - I know we'll make it through. We have had some crazy adventures and I'm excited for new ones to unfold. Enjoy today and soak it up my dear. I love you.


BIRTHDAY DATE AT DORRIS RANCH
I took Will to Dorris Ranch for a little picnic and fun :)
 
I wanted it to be a full surprise.. thus he was blindfolded :)
 
And then there was our picnic :) Market of Choice treats, bottle of wine and a little journal for his birthday.
Will making fun of me wanting to take pictures all the time. Trying to be as awkward as possible.
Playing in the orchards :)
On the path by the river.
We found an old tracker and took cheezy pictures on it.
But we all know we can't be that serious. :) A fun afternoon celebrating Will's birthday! :)

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StephieAnne said...

What a great day to honor such a phenomenal guy. You guys are the best - and I think through your relationship, you are both closer to God - which I think is a huge determiner for when a relationship is on the right track! Love you both so much!

j.nelson said...

Love you too Steph! (hmm I wonder what you posted first.. then decided to delete :)

StephieAnne said...

You are so behind in your posts....is it overwhelming to consider how long it's going to take to catch up?!!! =) (You know I'm just saying that because I feel like reading more on your blog.....)