Are you kidding me?!? I am now done with college. I can't believe it. It's a feeling people warn you about, excite you about and explain to you but honestly there is no way to truly understand it till you walk across that stage. There is no way to capture the joy and pure numbness standing in line waiting to march in to the view of the cheering crowd. There is little to no words that can capture the feeling you have when you are sitting in the front row of the 400 some fellow students as you all wait to get the signal to stand and begin to walk forward towards the stage. Let me tell you there is absolutely no way someone can prepare you for the sensation you get the second before you take your first step up the ramp towards the man who reads your name, you pass your name card and hope you don't slip, you begin the walk across the stage and you don't know where to look. Do I find my family? Do I just look forward? I should smile.... I'm happy but I'm nervous. Why the heck am I nervous? Should I shake with my left, grab with my right.. .no no no.. you shake with your right and grab with your left. Oh yup shake, grab.. uhh uhh.. HUG and woah what I'm done. No stand here smile - SNAP - picture. I hear my name.. where are they. Uh just turn and wave and hope they are in that direction. Welp didn't see them, back to my seat. Sit down and done. Just as fast as the four years of college flew by the tradition of walking across the stage was over. These past four years have been more than classes, more than tests, exams, crams, stresses and messes. These past four years have been about failure, success, love, joy, Christ, friends, family and learning lessons in life that have prepared me for my future. I am so excited to see what God has in store for me. I am excited and fearful , not for what won't happen but for what I will get in the way of happening. So here's to dropping in on a ski jump you can't see the bottom to, here's to jack knifing on the landing and getting back to the top to run it again and here is to letting Christ leading me farther past the starting line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment